The professionals at E.D.J. Electrical enjoy many benefits in addition to working with a company which respects each person and your time.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Preview your paychecks to make sure that your hours are right
- All trucks have Peach Pass to get you home without having to sit in Atlanta traffic. We value your personal time.
- Job performance bonuses
- We hire Veterans
As a Commercial Electrician, you must have your own basic hand tools. You must be familiar with EMT, MC, and Simple and Complex circuitry.
We place a high value on a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
We are a small company that offers a personal experience to the customers we work for. We specialize in providing ground-up turn-key projects. We have built a reputation for being professional, reliable and finishing projects on time and on bid.
We will always focus on finding a better way to go about doing things, keeping the end goal in mind, cost, schedule and final product in mind.
Safety is always a top priority. We promote proper P.P.E. at all times.
We are a small company looking to grow with the right people. If you want to work for someone who has not forgotten what its like to be in the field, this is the place!
Job Type: Full-time
The Electrician reports to a Superintendent or person designated by the Superintendent to perform assigned functions in accordance with company policies and procedures and assist in achieving the project’s goals and objectives. Work will consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, equipment and associated materials within the electrical construction industry.
When joining our Team You Will:
- Be appreciated.
- Make an impact.
- Receive competitive pay and benefits.
- Learn and grow.
Preferred Job Skills:
Must possess in-depth commercial electrical construction experience, and be able to meet or exceed productivity goals. Demonstrated ability to install conduit, wire and cable systems is required. Ability to install and terminate panels, switchboards and other electrical equipment. Must have basic math skills, dependable transportation and a willingness to commute daily to remote job sites. Must possess effective communication skills.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements :
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver’s License.
- Must adhere to the Safety Program.
- Must be able to install electrical work in accordance with our standards while adhering to project plans and specifications.
- Coordinate installations with other construction trades.
- Must utilize reason and logic to perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately.
- Must possess a complete understanding of construction drawings and details.
- Responsible for coordinating the materials, tools and equipment necessary to complete any assigned task.
- Direct the work of Electrician Helpers and Apprentices as assigned by Superintendent or their designated person.
- Accurately install conduit, wire, prefab assemblies, panel-boards, light fixtures, devices, and other equipment per layout by the Superintendent or designated person.
- Prevent excessive waste of labor and materials by performing high quality installations, consistent with the designed layout, without requiring rework.
- Follow construction drawings and other documents to ensure that concealed wiring is installed before completion of wall, ceiling, and flooring finishes are installed.
- Measure, cut, bend, ream, and install conduit, using appropriate tools such as hacksaw, band saw, and conduit bender.
- Pull and terminate branch and feeder conductors.
- Terminate wiring to light fixtures, motors, panels, devices, and other electrical equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Utilize test equipment to test voltage, amperage, and continuity of circuit wiring to ensure compatibility and safety of components.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and perform repairs on faulty circuits, equipment or systems.
- Complete all required documentation.
- License: Valid state driver’s license as required by job conditions or by the company.
- Certifications: Applicable federal, state, and local certifications as required by job conditions or by the company.
- Education: High School Graduate or GED.
- Experience: Minimum of 6-years electrical experience preferred.
- OSHA Construction Outreach Training – 10 Hour
- Job requires working in all weather elements; heat, cold, rain, or snow, depending on job location and time of year.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires an employee to have required personal tools with him at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
- Employees’ personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 40 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial work platforms, cat walks and other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted or confined areas such as switchgear-rooms, manholes, utility tunnels and crawl spaces.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment as required
- Must be able to regularly work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required. Weekends, and out-of-town work may be required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Positively identify colors of wire and other items as required.
- Comprehension of construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Bend conduit using hand benders.
- Must have the ability to safely use required power tools.
- Must be able to safely operate construction equipment (trencher, forklift, aerial work platforms, etc.).
- Capable of digging trenches, using hand tools or power equipment.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required. Cable cutters, hammer drills, etc.
- Operate company trucks.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers. Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable for use.
- Must be able to secure tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Paid time off,Job Bonus, and many more!
- IRA Program with a Company Match
- Employee discounts and a tool purchase program
- Apprenticeship Program and Career Progression Opportunities
EDJ Electrical is a equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
EDJ Electrical provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body.EDJ Electrical abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
Complete the form below to be considered for a position with E.D.J. Electrical. E.D.J. Electrical is a Drug-Free Company.